Hannan Associates are currently looking for a Graduate Design Engineers to join the team at the busy Manchester office. We recognise that our workforce is our greatest asset and are currently looking for enthusiastic, inspired and proactive people who are committed to new ways of thinking and working.
The Ideal Person….
- Degree or MEng in Building Services Engineering with ideally some work experience
- Graduate member of CIBSE or equivalent, or in the process of applying
- Possess excellent communication skills
- A keen interest in sustainable environmental solutions and the creation of sustainable buildings
- Some experience of using Revit and a desire to develop these skills would be an advantage
- Some experience of designing building services for projects across a range of sectors would be an advantage
- Results driven, enjoy challenging opportunities, have a positive attitude and are resourceful. You will have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and sense of responsibility
- Be an organized individual who is able to manage their time effectively and produce work of a high quality
- Be capable of prioritising your own workload and operating systematically.
- Be easy to work with and excellent at liaising & communicating effectively with clients, external consultants and contractors
- Be PC literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
- Have excellent English writing & report writing skills
Knowledge of Electricity and telecoms utilities
Procurement of new incoming services and diversions to clear sites prior to construction
Understanding of the building regulations and their impact on building services design
Power distribution design
IEE Regulations knowledge, cable selection and cable sizing, fault protection, building load appraisal
Ability to use Hevacomp or Amtech design software
Knowledge of external and internal lighting design.
Ability to use Dialux lighting design software or similar
Knowledge of Emergency lighting design and BS5266
Knowledge of automatic lighting control systems
Fire Alarm Systems
Knowledge of fire alarm systems design and BS5839
Knowledge of PAVA – voice alarm systems
VESDA smoke alarms and gas extinguishing systems for IT rooms
Understanding of access control, intruder detection and CCTV systems for buildings from a performance specification viewpoint
Some understanding of the development of security strategies for buildings and multiple building applications
Knowledge of structured wiring systems for buildings including Cat 5, 6, 7 copper and optical fibre cables for backbone cabling
Understanding of the PV installations, Small scale wind generation – preparation of feasibility reports
G59 utility connections
Knowledge of the relevant CIBSE guides
Knowledge of the RIBA and BSRIA project stages and preparation of Stage 1, 2, 3, 4 reports and packages
The ability to use 2D Autocad and 3D Revit (industry is moving in this direction)
In return for your loyalty and hard work, we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Private health care
- Health care cash plan
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
Hannan Associates was formed in 1983 by Bill Hannan to provide Building Services Engineering Consultancy to the construction industry .
Business is conducted in a number of sectors and projects are of varying sizes – from survey to projects valued in excess of £300m. Energy reduction, the core of sustainable design, is an inherent feature of our building design process, our sustainable credentials are built upon years of experience at the forefront of low energy, low carbon solutions.
A Commercial approach to design strategies, together with the careful usage of the latest technologies and sustainable design has ensured that 80% of the practice turnover is achieved through repeat business. The development of the company has been aided by a strong and loyal work force through which the company has developed long term relationships with major end user clients.
We are committed to creating successful buildings through attention to detail utilising our breadth of experience, technical skills and with levels of personal attention not provided by our competitors. Our design solutions are renowned for pushing beyond current thinking whilst controlling risk and delivering on the key essentials of client and end user satisfaction.
Hannan Associates are an equal opportunities employer and we value the diversity of our workforce. Applicants are considered in relation to business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications without regard to age, sex, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or gender identity.
To apply please email your CV and Covering Letter to Carolyn Sidebotham: